Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ideas . . . .

Ok sorry I didn't get to this sooner - some of you asked for an idea of how I eat. I will give you a list of various things. Of course, find what works best for you. You want to enjoy your weight loss journey.  Remember, if you are feeling hungry, don't worry, build yourself a nice fluffy salad - just avoid the extra calories. Use a light salad dressing, low fat or no cheese, minimal meat, all the greens you want and veggies, tomatoes, try some kidney beans or garbanzo beans for added protein, etc.

I tend to have breakfast, a snack, lunch, and dinner.

Ok ideas of things I have for breakfast:

Green smoothie, or a piece of veggie quiche, veggie omelet (little amount of cheese), protein drink and a boiled egg or a banana or apple, oatmeal (instant packet i.e. quaker) or I get one from McDonalds or Starbucks. All of these breakfasts are around 300 calories or under.  On occasion I might get grab something if I'm running short on time but I watch calories #1, good protein if possible, veggie if possible, then low sugar #2 and lowest carb possible #3.

Snacks: Celery and a small amount of peanut butter, boiled egg and a small chunk of cheese, beef jerky or steak sticks, banana, apple with a small amount of peanut butter, pretzels or peanut butter pretzels, fiber one bar, raw veggies (with a little bit of light ranch), if I didn't have a protein or smoothie at breakfast, then I'll make a protein drink for snack. On occasion I might have other things, but this is the main list of my snacks. I usually try to maintain under 200 calories for snack - I prefer less but 200 max.

Lunch - I usually have a green smoothy. If not, I'll have a light frozen meal such as a Lean Cuisine or any variety of low calorie frozen meals, or a salad, a homemade wrap, if I want to go somewhere, I'll get something like a chicken fajita pita from Jack in the box, a grilled chicken flatbread from Wendy's (limited time), salad from McDonalds or a grilled chicken wrap. So you get the gist - look for grilled chicken or grilled meat, lean, low calorie first, low carb and low sugar to follow. A safe rule for sugar is single digit. If you get into double digits, keep it as low as possible.

Dinner - whatever we are having. We try to pick anything and check the calories. If I'm out at a function - I look for things that are low in carbs and sugar - your calories will probably be low with that.  Sometimes we'll do a grilled chicken and it's all super healthy. Sometimes we'll have hanburger helper or chicken helper b/c we're in a hurry or whatever. 1 1/2 cups is still only around 500 calories and you can have veggies or salad with it.

*****I try to have at least 2 protein drinks per day (remember, I put protein into my smoothies). Adding protein drinks in, helps a lot with weight loss. It also helps with repairing muscles after work outs. If you begin any kind of working out, you'll want to have a protein drink post work out - you can have 3 or even 4 per day if you want. Just don't go all liquid - balance liquid and foods. If you don't eat foods, you're sure to throw your body into a yo-yo of weight loss, weight gain. Use protein powder/drinks to add into your daily routine without cutting out all your food. 

A couple of closing thoughts, you can switch this to whatever works best for you - some people have time to make their breakfast their big meal of the day. Some people prefer it that way. Dinner is my biggest meal b/c that's what I prefer and where I have the most time. So I do about 300 calories for breakfast and 500-800 for dinner. You can switch things around according to your preference. There is no right or wrong, just watch the calories #1, watch the carbs (bad) #2, and watch the sugar #3.  DON'T permanently avoid everything - remember balance!

Sometimes I am in a place where I WANT to eat what everyone is that day so I do. That day I may not lose anything but every other day even if I'm losing ounces, I'm losing. One day sometimes doesn't hurt. Keep a balance of those days so you don't put on weight if you eat pizza or a burger, etc.

Alright, for those starting, today, tomorrow, whenever, best wishes and let me know how it goes! I'm rooting for you. I'll post my total weight loss on 10/4 - my next weigh in. Oh and don't weigh in daily! It can be discouraging! Water weight comes and goes, muscle growth, etc, there are so many factors that make it fluctuate.   AND always weigh in around the same time - for example if your first weigh in is in the morning, ALWAYS go with your morning weight. If your first one is in the evening, ALWAYS go with evenings. The reason being is your weight also fluctuates from morning to evening any where from (ready for this) 2-7 pounds!

Blessings my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment